Certified CMMC Professional (CCP) Course | Accelerated 4-Day | Metaverse
- Certified CMMC Professional (CCP) Course
- Format: Live | CMMC-AB (Provisional) Certified Instructor Led in the Metaverse
- USA (Online): Standard Course: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (Arizona) Mountain Standard Time
- USA (Online): Accelerated 1-Weekend Course (2-Days/One Weekends): 8:30 a.m. – 10:30 p.m. (Arizona) Mountain Standard Time
- USA (Online): Accelerated Evening Course (4-Nights): 5:00 p.m. – Midnight Eastern Standard Time
- Europe (Online): 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Central European Time/Central European Summer Time
- Middle East (Online): 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Gulf Standard Time
- East Asia (Online): 6 a.m. – 2 p.m. Singapore Time (4-Day Program)
- Duration: 3-5 Days*
- Online Courseware
Wait. CMMC Training in the Metaverse? What’s that?
You may have heard the phrase ‘lead, follow, or get out of the way’. Well, it’s just another innovative and leading CMMC-related solution from us as we begin offering our CMMC training in the virtual world, better known as the metaverse. Life is changing and the world we live and learn in is changing too. Learning in the metaverse is a mashup of live instructor-led training, in a virtualized setting (our classroom is on the deck of an aircraft carrier), with integrated screen-sharing and, of course, audio/video.
The great thing about teaching the CMMC in the metaverse is it’s cool with or without any additional equipment. You can take the attend and participate in the course just like you normally would but you’d be represented by your own avatar. Don’t worry, just like we do today, we will send you all the details you need to get ready for the course.
Our platform works directly from your phone or PC, just like you would expect. However, if you want the full immersion into the metaverse then you might want to consider investing in a metaverse headset such as:
- Meta Quest
- Meta Quest 2
These devices all work cross-platform!
One of the main benefits associated with attending the CMMC training course is having expert instructors who provide the masterful training you need to absorb information quickly and implement important steps in your daily operational activities. Our trainers have considerable years of experience in delivering training courses in various industries. That being said, our CMMC training curriculum and our experts are capable of offering you the knowledge and skills you need to thrive in your job position.
As a CMMC-AB approved Licensed Training Provider (LTP), we are experts at pinpointing the exact requirements put by CMMC and embracing those requirements through the training curriculum. Considering that the defense industrial base (DIB) partnership consists of more than 300,000 companies and their subcontractors who perform under contract with the DoD, the demand for Certified CMMC Professionals, Certified CCA-1, CCA-3, and CCA-5 will be enormous.
This type of certification is the essence for anyone who will be performing any level o f CMMC assessment. Certified CMMC Professional (CCP) can be part of an assessment team under the supervision of a Certified CMMC Assessor. In order to become a CCP, the respective candidate must successfully complete a CMMC-AB Certified CMMC Professional Training from a PECB Licensed Training Provider. Taking the
exam is optional for those who wish to operate as Certified CMMC Professionals only. More information on becoming a Certified CMMC Professionals can be found here.
Who Should Attend?
- Employees of DoD contractors that make up the Defense Industrial Base (DIB)
- Regulatory compliance officers and legal team members
- Cybersecurity managers
- Consultants looking to provide CMMC guidance
- Individuals starting the CMMC-AB Certified CMMC Assessor or Certified CMMC Instructor career path
- Anyone looking to build a foundation of knowledge and skills around the new CMMC requirements
Why Should You Attend?
By attending the CMMC Certified Professional training course, you will acquire knowledge about the structure of the CMMC model including CMMC levels, domains, capabilities, processes, and practices. In addition, you will develop the ability to understand, differentiate, and explain the relationship between the CMMC and the primary reference documentation such as FAR 52.204-21, DFARS 252.204-7012, DFARS 252.204-7019-7021, NIST SP 800-171, NIST 800-172, NIST 800-53, CUI Definitions and Guidelines from NARA and DOD, and CERT RMM. You will also be able to (a) identify, describe, and compare the roles and responsibilities of each member of the CMMC-AB ecosystem, (b) know what are the CMMC assessment methodology phases, (c) identify and mitigate ethical concerns based on CMMC-AB Code of Professional Conduct, and (d) define and determine the roles and responsibilities for Federal Contract Information (FCI) and Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI).
This training course will allow you to become a valuable asset for consultancy agencies, CMMC Third-Party Assessor Organizations (C3PAO), and organizations demanding CMMC trained resources.
The successful completion of the training course is followed by an exam. If you pass the exam, you can apply for a “CMMC Certified Professional” credential.
Who Can Attend?
This training course is intended for:
- Individuals interested in being part of the CMMC-AB ecosystem such as Certified Assessors and Certified Instructors
- Individuals seeking to gain knowledge about the CMMC model and its requirements
- Individuals interested in providing consultancy services for the CMMC preparation
- Individuals working for suppliers of the Department of Defense (DoD) and Defense Industrial Base (DIB) and for other organizations seeking CMMC certification
- Cybersecurity and technology consultants and CMMC assessment team members
To become a Certified CMMC Professional (CCP):
- Review the CCP Blueprint to understand if you are ready to pursue becoming a CMMC assessor.
- Complete the CCP application process to obtain your CMMC Professional Number (CPN).
- Note: You are not required to complete the application process and have a CPN before pursuing training with an LTP, however, if you want to take the CCP exam, you must provide a CPN to your selected Licensed Training Provider (LTP) by the completion of your training so they can upload your successful training completion into the CAICO tracking system.
- Take CCP training with an LTP. LTPs can be found through the CMMC Central Marketplace.
Note: Only individuals successfully trained by an LTP will have access to register to take the CCP exam. A candidate cannot pursue becoming a Certified CMMC Assessor (CCA) without earning their CCP certification first.
- Sign the Professional Code of Conduct (CoPC)
- Complete the training survey provided by the AB
- Note: Date of survey release TBD, but if you have successfully completed training and your LTP has submitted your information with CPN, you will receive a notification once the survey goes live. To check if your training has been marked as complete, log into your account to view your profile status.
- Pay exam fee, register for exam, and take and pass CCP certification exam
Note: The CCP exam will officially launch in October 2022, registration notifications will go out in September.
- If you plan to pursue the Certified CMMC Assessor (CCA) certification, to participate on Level 2 assessments, and you are a US citizen and have successfully completed your CCP training you will be notified about completing the suitability process.
- Review, complete and submit your suitability application.
- Note: The suitability process is a DoD process and the staff at the CAICO have no visibility into the status of the application once it has been submitted. The CAICO is notified of the findings at the same time as the candidate. Therefore, we cannot respond to suitability status update requests. The process does take a significant amount of time and could take up to six (6) months or more to complete.
- To become a DoD certified Level 2 assessor, beyond the CCA training and certification, also requires the participation on three (3) Level 2 assessments as a team member. These three (3) assessments must be completed prior to becoming an “official” DoD certified assessor.
Note: There is a waiver process and requirements, and restrictions for a CCP to participate on these assessments. The waiver process is currently being finalized by the DoD, once it has been approved this page will be updated with the process and details regarding the waiver process.
This training course allows you to:
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the CMMC domains, capabilities, levels, processes, and practices of the CMMC model
- Acknowledge the correlation between CMMC model, FAR clause 52.204-21, DFARS clause 252.204-7012, NIST SP 800-171, and other standards and frameworks
- Acquire the ability to interpret the requirements of the CMMC model in the specific context of an Organization Seeking Certification (OSC)
- Obtain the necessary knowledge to support an organization in effectively implementing and managing the requirements of the CMMC model for the required CMMC level
- Acquire knowledge on the CMMC assessment methodology and process across all CMMC levels
This training course is participant centered and:
- Contains lecture sessions illustrated with graphics, examples, and discussions
- Encourages interaction between participants by means of questions, suggestions, exercises based on a case study, quizzes, etc.
- Includes quizzes which are a simulation of the questions of the certification exam
Prerequisites for attending the training course
There is no specific prerequisite for participating in this training course, however, it is recommended to have a general knowledge of cybersecurity and information technology concepts and principles.